Problems after replacing intake manifold... can anyone help?

A while back, my intake manifold in my 1999 Mustang GT cracked (thanks for the faulty manifold, ford!) and fluid leaked all over the place. I got it and a faulty pulley replaced, and now my car is having some weird problems.

When idling, it idles kind of rough, my gauge cluster will dim and get brighter, most noticably the odometer, and sometimes I will feel rough clunks which I can't tell where they're coming from. The oil gauge needle also twitches up and down. When revving the car to 2500 RMP or so, it sounds pretty abnormal under the hood. I can't quite describe the sound, but it's like the normal engine sound with a quite noticable whirring sound added in. Taking off from a stop, the car jerks and leaps and does so all the way up to around 55mph, where it magically stops. Driving it, the service engine light came on and flashed for about 1 minute before turning off again.

Does anyone have any clue as to what this could even remotely be? I was already frustrated because of the manifold, and now more problems seem to be piling up on top of it. Plus, my Ford dealership is giving me the runaround about getting my reimbursement.

Reply to
Erik Hovind

Chuck

I would check to be sure all of your grounds are properly connected too.

Kate

: > When idling, it idles kind of rough, my gauge cluster will dim and get : > brighter, most noticably the odometer, and sometimes I will feel rough : > clunks which I can't tell where they're coming from. The oil gauge needle : > also twitches up and down. When revving the car to 2500 RMP or so, it : > sounds pretty abnormal under the hood. I can't quite describe the sound, : > but it's like the normal engine sound with a quite noticable whirring : > sound added in. Taking off from a stop, the car jerks and leaps and does : > so all the way up to around 55mph, where it magically stops. Driving it, : > the service engine light came on and flashed for about 1 minute before : > turning off again. : >

: >

: > Does anyone have any clue as to what this could even remotely be? I was : > already frustrated because of the manifold, and now more problems seem to : > be piling up on top of it. Plus, my Ford dealership is giving me the : > runaround about getting my reimbursement. : >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

It ended up being plugs + a coil, thanks!

Reply to
Erik Hovind