Procedure to Activate/Deactivate Belt-Minder Seatbelt

This works on all '07 Mustangs, not sure about other model years:

  1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. Do not start the engine.

  1. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (approximately one minute).

  2. At a steady, moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times. (This step must be completed within 50 seconds of the safety belt light turning off, or else the procedure must be restarted.)

  1. The Airbag Light will turn on for 3 seconds. Within 7 seconds of the Airbag Light turning off, buckle then rebuckle the safety belt one time.

  2. The Airbag Light will flash for 3 seconds to confirm a setting change to disabled, or will flash twice for 3 seconds each to confirm a setting change to enabled.
Reply to
<nospam

why would you want to do that ?

Reply to
Dear Leader

If it's the same as the F-250, the parking brake must also be set.

Reply to
me

me wrote in news:86vma3999sp6qbpet0grrhq19tnse7o4ic@

4ax.com:

So the parking brake's got to be set while driving "at a steady, moderate speed" as it says in step 3. O-Tay.

Reply to
Joe

It doesn't say anything about driving in step 3.

Reply to
<nospam

wrote in news:MhNqi.53517$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

So how would you reach "a steady moderate speed" without driving and with the parking brake on?

Reply to
Joe

Replace the word "speed" with "rate" in step 3 and it might make more sense to you.

Reply to
<nospam

Some things will, forever, be lost on descammisados.....

The human mind is capable of inserting words where none were to be found..... of adding meaning where none was meant..... and of totally ignoring what was said and adding it's own words entirely....

Sitting at the kitchen table, I ate my lunch at a steady moderate speed..... not sure if I had the table in 2nd or 3rd gear....

Reply to
Jim Warman

wrote in news:s%Tqi.148$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com:

Well d-oh. The point is that "speed" is more associated with vehicle movement, whereas "rate" is not.

Never mind...

Reply to
Joe

"Jim Warman" wrote in news:WJUqi.76970$xk5.3606@edtnps82: