*PROPER* tire sizes for these rims, anyone have experience?

I am going to order some new rims for my car, and I know I want 18x10 deep dish rims in the back, probably 18x9s in the front. I need to figure out what size tires to fit on these rims to run properly. I was thinking a 285 or 295 on the back, I know diff manufacturers tires will have diff treadwidths with the same 285mm rating for instance. Right now I have 17x9s on the back with P275/40/ZR17 nitto 555s and they bulge out a bit. I've been doing alot of reading about roadracing type setups and everything tells me to not have a treadwidth wider than the rim width, being as 10inches = 254mm I can't see how the rating on the sidewall could be exactly equal to the treadwidth, so I'm going to have to get a ballpark and lookup specs on the manufacturers sites. I've been looking at toyo T1Rs, and nitto. Any one with similiar rims have any advice? These are on a 1995 mustang GT, lowered w/ FMS C springs, couple other mods nothing pertinent to this question though.

-J

Reply to
jbeez

I would guess that the tire shop (a real one, not quickie auto parts or Kmart) might have the best answer for you.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

If you look at the specs for the tires you are interested in...they will list the min/max rim width required...

(*>

Reply to
Hawk