Seat removal 89 5.0 LX

Need to remove both front seats from 89 LX 5.0 convertible in order to access Torx for removal of inboard seatbelt. Question. Do I need to remove the seat and mounting rails from the chassis
(4 bolts) or is there a way to release (not obvious to me) the seats from the rails by sliding forwards or backwards. I only need to move the seat about 2 inches forward from the normal maximum forward position.
Thanks Howard
Howard Nelson wrote:

Before you go to all the trouble, you might want to make sure you can't wiggle your hand in there with a 1/4" ratchet, a 1/4" socket, and the appropriate torx bit. Out of curiosity, why are you removing the seatbelt buckles?
Cheers,

chassis
from
After 16 years the plastic sheaths that hold the female end of the buckles in postition has deteriorated and needs to be replaced. I have tried angled breaker, small ratchet and even open end flat wrench to turn the torx and while I may get the torx bolt out I do not believe that I will be able to get it back in without either removing the seat or tearing the upholtery at the side of the seat.
Howard
I just had my seatbelts out on my 89 LX. There is no need to take out the seats. The driver's side goes forward with plenty of room for the torx bit. On the passenger side it is tight. I put the seat all the way forward, and then put a 3/8 extension on the end of the 3/8 inch drive torx bit so the wrench is out in the clear. On this side the torx bit is not quite straight going into the bolt, but if you press hard into the seat back you get enough of a bite to get the bolt out. An alternate method I suppose is to find a torx wrench shaped like a 90 deg. allen wrench. Fred 89 LX 5.0