Re: BE WARNED! The truth about LocTronics!

On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, JD & Mona Adams > wrote:

On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, JD & Mona Adams > wrote:

Keeping old Threads Alive I had been looking for a while on how to rewire the ignition on my 96 Honda Accord so as to bi-pass this hidious LocTronics Security device. When you said it mearly interupts the ignition wire, I was so excited. My Honda was stollen and when I recovered it the theives had removed the plug-in module from under the dash, I thought it will never start again. I removed the low er dash drop pannel and followed the cable off the back of the LocTreonics connector right to the ignition wire that was spliced into. I cut the splic e and rewired boyh ends of yhe ignition wire back together and YES it allow ed my car to start right up.. I didn't pay for the damn thing as I bought m y car used, but I would have been pissed if I paid for that device. To go t hru all the time to put that thing in, I would much rather have paid for a real car alarm.
The reason they get away with it is largely because so few people actually get their car stolen. And of those who do, very few ever see their car again so the ONLY group that would ever figure out (without doing what the original post did and taking the thing apart) that this thing is worthless would be the small number of people who's cars were stolen AND recovered AND who looked into why the loctronics thing didn't prevent the theft. That's a very very tiny group of people.
It almost goes without saying that when you buy a new car you should refuse to by ANYTHING that was added by the dealer. EVERYTHING a dealer adds to a new car is a rip off.. EVERYTHING. The security alarm, the paint protection, the "special exhaust", the bed liner, the floor mats. Most aren't needed at all and add nothing to the value of the car, functionally or in any other way, and for the few that might be of value to a specific buyer you can almost certainly get whatever it is cheaper elsewhere.
I'd be surprised if you could successfully sue them. Unless your car was stolen you don't have a reason to. The sold you a device to prevent your car from being stolen. It wasn't stolen. Therefore they can claim their device 'worked' since you have no way to prove there have not been many attempts to steal your car that their device thwarted.
If you can get a dealer to refund your money it would signal the second coming of Christ.
On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 22:22:10 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

At Thu, 20 Aug 2015 13:36:31 -0700, Ashton Crusher rearranged some electrons to write:

You do realize, of course, that you are replying to a post from 17 years ago.

On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 1:31:16 PM UTC-4, David wrote:

Doesn't really matter tho for some as these things are still being found in cars. I just got a 2004 Chevy that has one installed in it. LOL!