Re: GM: Kill Pontiac

Sigh as you like it. But when they don't even share basic suspension designs, I still say it is wrong to claim they are variations of the same chassis. Just becasue at some point they thought about using the LS chassis, doesn't mean the Mustang chassis is a variations of that design. Over the past 4 years stories have claimed all sort of things. In the end almost nothing is shared (chassis wise). If you don't even share suspension locating points, you aren't sharing much. Sharing the door handles is probably more significant than the chassis parts they do actually share. If you could point to one shared suspension compoennt (not including fasteners) I might feel differently.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I have tried to explain to you on several occasions what a basic chassis is and its hard points. I told you why manufactures try to make as many vehicles off that chassis as possible. I told you how a vehicles based on that chassis can be so different, when used to build another vehicles. If you want to continue to believe what you wish that is your prerogative. I'll not try again.

mike hunt

"C. E. White" wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

... and autoextremist's writing is MUCH better ...

Reply to
John Horner

Of course the fact that you are wrong never entered your mind. You keep repeating old information. I have no idea why.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White