re: I'm a Moron

I'm really hoping you've got past this by now. I can offer a little input. When installing the distributer the number one piston should be at top dead center on the compression stroke. Some guys leave the valve cover off so they can tell both valves are closed. Some just stick a cork in the number one sparkplug hole and "bump" the starter till the cork pops out, indicating both valves are closed and the piston is coming up the cylinder. Then roll the crank forward to top dead center.

Honestly, I'm not sure the timing is they problem. If it starts and runs for a second or two and sounds fairly normal . . . I would look at the fuel system.

Reply to
News at Mediacom