Re: Just got it... woohoo

oh my god, that is a beautimous car Mike... we have quite a few sitting at our local Ford dealer now. how much did you get it for ? rebates or no ?

dave

They are giving the 03 mustangs away this week where I live.. The 04's were > rolling off the trucks while I was there signing the papers. I picked up an > 03 in the red, convert, GT with the mach 1000 stereo and chrome wheels.. > Very sexy.. Now the real question is whether to keep it stock or enhance the > crap out of it. Here is a pic of it.. I am looking for suggestions of > where to take this.. Any ideas? > > > > > >
Reply to
DaveZ

I do think my gt350 is jealous though. I found some oil spots on the ground this morning under her..

Reply to
Michael

Excellent car. I have two suggestions:

  1. Mods should include subframe connectors and a Steeda Tri AX shifter.

  1. Avoid posting binary data to a non binary newsgroup. It can mess things up for people with slow connections, as well as get the newsgroup kicked off of servers for violating charter.

Enjoy!

Reply to
Victor DiMichina

Thanks..

I got a message about my pic almost immediately after I posted. Next time ill post a link to my web server..

Whats the advantage of the Tri AX shifter..??

Reply to
Michael

Much better feel and construction. Also it has positive stops on it. Normally in your tranny, the shift forks stop your shifer when they reach the end of their travel. If you shift too hard, you could possibly bend a shift fork. The Tri Ax (and other comparable products) prevent this from happening as well. The main advantage is the shift feel.

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Victor DiMichina

I read somewhere that the new Tremec transmission has internal stops to prevent shift fork damage....

I'm not sure, but that's just what I've heard.

Might wanna do some checking. I'd heard that if you had one to just take the stop bolts out of the shifter and just use it to shorten throws and hit third gear better.

In any event, I liked my Tri-Ax so much on my '97 Cobra (took it off of another car to put it on within three days of owning it), I bought another one for the '88 LX that I bought not so long ago with 72k original miles on it. Definately a must-have mod to improve the feel of the car and the ease of which you hit 2nd and 3rd...

JS

Reply to
JS

It's my understanding that Tremec wants you to remove the shift stops on aftermarket shifters. They seem to think that they cause more harm than good, in that they can create an under-shift condition which can cause the transmission to jump out of gear. All V8 Mustangs since 2001 use the TR3650 trans, so if you get the shifter, remove the stops.

Reply to
RayS

defintely .. the 6 speed I drove definitely has stops. Dave

Reply to
DaveZ