Looking for security ideas

Having had my other mustang attempted theft twice and having bought a new GT on Monday what's the best way to secure my new drop top....? Has anyone used the proximity sensored alarms in protecting them??

03 Mustang GT Convert - Red 84 Mustang GT Convert - White
Reply to
Michael

I have a prox alarm in my 03 vert with a lojack system. Guess so far that it's working as no one has attempted to steal the car.

Reply to
MPBSR25

at 27 Aug 2003, Michael [ snipped-for-privacy@pvbb.net] wrote in news:3f4d579f@wobble:

I believe MustangWorld.com has a good How-To on putting a switch between the emergency fuel cutoff in the trunk and hiding it. When switched, no way your car will be going anywhere under it's own power. The wires run under the driver's side door sill so it's pretty easy to hide a switch under eg the seat.

I just purchased one of those micorwave sensors that are supposed to make a security bubble around the car. Haven't installed it yet tho. Don't have the time for it at this point as I intend to do it at the same time I install power door lock actuators...

These microwave sensors can be had on eBay for about $15...

Reply to
Paul

Hi:

I went to an "inner city" high school, where kids did steal cars(albeit

25 years ago), and I've worked in mentoring some of these types. The only thing that I know they cannot figure out is the fuel pump cutoff that I use in my cars - hidden in the open. These kids go to "disneyland" (juvenile justice center), and come out knowing how to disable just about any alarm out there, cut your wheel if you have a club, and they'll steer with a vice grip if you take your steering wheel. One kid I did some things with several years ago told me about his brother (he's in trouble now - 15 years old) modifying some gizmo devices (gizmo is the brand name of the device)- they allow you to bypass the alarm system to remote start - these kids are smart and the money is GOOD - an escalade is worth about 3-4K hot at a chop shop to the kids, ever notice how many of these are stolen, despite transponder keys and onstar? Juvenile justice is a school for some of these kids, and they are bright, although criminal, and the money and training is out there for car theft. In order to stop this stuff, we have to get the chop shop people, the kids who do the car theft do it for money, and can defeat the lojack, onstar, transponder keys, etc etc etc., and standard alarms don't phase them. One kid told me about 5 years ago that the only thing that would stop him from getting my car was if I had a snake in it - he's behind bars now (good thing), but none of the kids that I know can get my car more than a few feet - fuel pump cutoff and hide the switch in the open. I'm both glad and sad that I don't deal with these kids anymore.

Andrew

Michael wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

at 28 Aug 2003, Hank [ snipped-for-privacy@wahoo.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I've recently added a new feature to my alarm system used at car cruises. It's called a 'shepherd'. :-) Believe me, with her on the drivers seat looking out the open window, nobody will try and get anything out of my (er, make that her or our) Mustang. :-)

Last night at a local cruise I had her on her blanket at the front bumper and this guy comes up to reach under the hood.( no idea why the h*ll people want to touch/feel). No need for me to say anything, she sat up instantly and barked her deep bark. The guy nearly pissed his pants as he hadn't noticed her. *lol* I told him he could look al he wanted with his eyes but better not touch her Mustang as that would make her mad. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Add a double pole switch and use it to disable the starter circuit and the fuel pump circuit. No one will be able to start the car or push start it (won't protect from being towed). Find a place to hide the switch where only you know where it is. Hiding it in plain sight is the best solution. The places and ways to locate a disable switch are limited only by your imagination (mine is located where I can discreetly activate it with my fingertips without anyone realizing it).

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Interior movement sensor with a pager. Lets you summon help without tipping your hand to the thieves.

Reply to
Ironrod

So... What did you do to him ???? Do Tell !!

I hope you took the stick from him and beat the living **** out of him with it! :>)

Reply to
Katmandu

By the time you responded to a pager, your car would be gone.

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall