Re: Possible to tighten spider gears on Ford 8-inch?

Are either of you guys seeing the steady drop in warranry repairs?

No, but the demographics where I am are rather unique - Hampton Roads VA has a massive transient population and a larger than normal percentage of newer vehicles.

Our DP has us ensuring our future by going after the retail stuff and I wont > complain there. There's still some of the warranty stuff that pays decent > but it is getting few and far between. I don't mind the diesels (cars just > aren't my bag, anyway) and, since our area is totally in love with diesels, > diesel techs will be overbooked when the other guys are waiting for work.

That new 6.0 is going to keep you busy. We've done a couple of crank swaps, and I'll stick with the cars myself (4.0 is keeping me plenty busy).

I see there's a big push to unionize Ford techs in the states.... be > interesting to see what that turns out like...

It hasn't made it around here yet, though it would be interesting to see how it goes.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf