convet metric to thousands of inch

Anybody

Whats 0.9mm in thousands of an inch, need to set spark gap

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
dave

35 thou, or .0354331"

Milimetres, if divided by 25.4, converts it to inches, or decimals of an inch. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

According to google: 0.0354330709 inches

or about 35 and a half thou

Reply to
P.Burley

Thanks people

Dave

Reply to
dave

25.4mm = 1 inch (exactly).

So 0.9/25.4=0.354 inches.

So 35.4 thousandths of an inch.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

All you will ever need...

Scott Mills

I would suggest that 'Convert' from :-

small freeware prog for your desktop, is a more convenient choice for mostof us. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

35 thou. to the nearest according to !Convertor.

If you do a bit of searching, you should fine a convertor proggie somewhere that will do all this sort of thing for you. I can't help, because I don't use a PC, but if there's one for my Acorn, there must be one for those.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

The message from "Scott Mills" contains these words:

Google does it too. Enter "0.9mm in inches" and you get the result.

Works for an amazing range of units...for example

30 mph = 80 640 furlongs per fortnight

1 second = 3.16887646 × 10-08 years (note that a second is very nearly pi hundred millionths of a year)

Reply to
Guy King

Knew someone would have it. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Except I don't use windows, but thanks anyway. I did use the google one, but just wanted to make sure it was what I thought it was.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
dave

ya know google has a great conversion thing on is, viz:

personal fave ;)

Barry

Inspired by something on Dervman's site, I tried this, really not expecting it to be understood:

:-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Just as well I said 'most of us' then. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

35 thou , thats the cardboard on a match box plus the cardboard on a Rizla packet.

steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver