Re: Quick buying advice

Check out:

I think for a few more dollars, you'll be able to get a much newer, lower mileage Mustang - and one without accident history!

-JF

Hello again, > > OK, I've just come back from my (trusted) mechanic after getting him to > check out the '91 5.0 convertible I'm thinking of buying. I told the > seller I'd let him know tomorrow (Friday) if I want to buy it, so if any > of you can offer some advice before then, that'd be great. > > Thanks to Ray & Denise, I've got a Carfax report of the VIN. > Seems to be mostly the old "Odometer rollback" thing they report when > the mileage exceeds the mechanical limits. It says 30,000 on the dash, > so that's 130,000. Fair enough. > > It's on its 3rd owner, been auctioned a couple of times and one of the > sales has a note listing it as a fleet vehicle, although the title is > normal. > > My mechanic reported these things: > > Transmission shifts lazily and fluid smells burnt > Has had front end damage, front braces not lining up with holes on bumper > Cooling system only has water (Aluminum components may be eroded) > Brakes OK > > It has been re-sprayed (presumably after being straightened out after > the front-end damage) and looks nice from the outside, the hood is in > good shape, and the engine is strong. My dilemma is that my current baby > ('66 6cyl) will probably continue to need cash injections, and I'm > trying to save for our wedding so I want something a bit less > money-hungry. Does it sound like this '91 will be any better for me? > > The seller is asking for $3500 (Blue Book $3800).... > > Any advice gratefully received. > > Boggis
Reply to
94_Teal

OK, thanks for the tips. I'll be sticking with my '66 for the time being, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for something else.

Reply to
Dr. Boggis

Yup - and thanks for the link.

Boggis