Re: SVT Bullitt Tires

Well first of all, hoepfully the dealer didnt charge you $200/rim. Also, the Bullitts arent SVT rims, but regular Ford rims and as far as I know, the black ones are aftermarket rims. Could be wrong though.... Now as for tires, since you have another set already, why not swap rims out for winter and get some good street tires? Unfortunately I cant name any brands because I havent done much research on them (well have... but dont remember the good brands). Gagan

Seeking some advice here... > I've gotten a good price for a set of SVT Black Bullitt wheels from a > local dealer, but I am really at a crossroad as to what tires to purchase. > The recommended size for these tires is said to be 245-45/17s. I know the > 17" Bullitt's were an option on GTs since 2001, so I am looking for some > input from specifically Mustang owners. I bought my 2001 Performance Red V6 > (which I thought was Laser until I checked the door frame and felt like an > idiot) used, and it currently has a set of Mastercraft generics from the > dealer that I'd like to replace with some good all-seasons. I was pretty set > on BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWS but I've heard some terrible reviews mixed > with 'good' ones, so I am opening the search again. Ford Racing has been > using BFGoodrich g-Forces on its project cars, but that may be due to > contracts etc. so I don't really want to use that as a decisional factor. > Anyway, any imput is greatly appreciated. I've been reading the group since > I bought my 'stang, and I've found it to be perhaps the most level-headed > and honest group around so I will take comments here quite seriously. > > As added info, I live on the shoreline of CT so I do see some snow, but I > won't be taking 'her' out in that kind of weather, but I like to be prepared > for a sudden snow-fall and have all-season radials. > > Michael > '01 *Performance Red* V6 > >
Reply to
Gagan (mwarrior)

. I think the Goodwillover on the new Peters Creek ext. , the shopping ctr. where Sgt. Peppers Bar used to be, may even have appliances. I wonder if they carry rims or tires?

mk5000

"if Fox Sports needs a biased reporter, I'm their man!"--Dave Zero

Reply to
marika

I have had great all-weather luck with Firestone Firehawks and Bridgestone Potenzas, the Z-rated version of both if they have more than one version. I found these two tires to be *very* sticky yet long lasting for that amount of sticky. And they both excel in the wet and dry. I started with the Firehawks but lately have been using Potenzas because they are a bit lower priced.

96 GT Convertible (has the 17" rims stock) Scott
Reply to
Scotter

"Gagan (mwarrior)" wrote the Bullitts arent SVT rims,

True fact.

SVT is Cobra, Lightening and now Focus.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top