Re: Which is better transmission -- C-4 or FMX?

My '69 Mustang originally had an FMX transmission in it, but found that it
> now has a C-4. Apparently from what I remember, a transmission shop did a
> switch on the transmission. Should I try to get an FMX back to replace it if
> it is better?
>
> Thanks,
> .. Jim ..
I'm not a huge fan of the C4. It was only a few months after doing an engine swap on my '67 cougar that my C4 transmission needed to be rebuilt. It isn't that strong in its original form. I am told you can get rebuilds done to make it stronger. My preference would be to go with a C6. It's stronger. Like some people havew replied, it's tough to get support for an FMX.
Reply to
lance.goulet

Site Timeline Threads