Reverse lockout rod

The reverse lockout rod was introduced in '70. What models carried this feature and when was it discontinued?

This prevents the transmission from being shifted out of reverse unless you insert and turn the ignition key. Consequently, you can not remove the key unless you put the car in reverse. My transmission is a toploader and I don't know if these were used on automatics.

mike

Reply to
goodnigh