2005 Escape Ltd Ingition Key Lockout Problem

Hi All: I have a 2005 Escape Ltd,and occassionaly the key in the ignition won't turn. When you put the key in and try to turn it, it's as though the wrong key was used. After several minutes of jiggling it and cursing, it finally gives in an turns. I seem to recall that someone mentioned that this could be the chip inside the key causing a "lockout". Is this possible or is it just a crappy lock cylinder that I should make Ford replace because it's under warranty.

Also, if it is an electronic probelm, that should also be looked at too. Anyone here know about this problem?

msterspy

Does it happen with both keys? Does it happen with either side of the key?

Reply to
dold

Reply to
pick one

Reply to
msterspy

I still think you ought to bring it in while the warranty is good. It seems to be getting worse since your last post. SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Reply to
msterspy