Selling on e-Bay

I have a really nice '05 Mustang GT conv. I would like to sell outright. I would appreacate any and all input about selling the car on e-Bay.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Esteban

Thanks for the response WindsorFox, that's why I posted the question. Any ideas on how to keep from getting burned? Is eBay a good route to take to get a good price? Steve

Reply to
Esteban

Selling on ebay is a good route to go if you want to get your car in front of millions people and thousands of potential buyers. However, selling on e-bay and doing well is definitely a strategy. You can't learn it over night. It takes alot of research and dedication to do well. A couple years back, I did quite a bit of research on Ebay, as I was considering running an eBay store.

I'd recommend checking out the tutorials that are available on Ebay, such as: How to take good pictures, what price to begin with, whether or not to have a reserve, etc. If your selling a car, I'd recommend posting lots of pictures. The more the better. Also, decide whether you want to have a reserve price or not. You can draw more bidders by having no reserve, but that can be risky. However, alot of times bidders will have bid wars in the last few seconds of an auction and you can gain thousands in the last few seconds. And, if you can draw more buyers by having no reserve, thats better for you. Having a very detailed description is also very helpful and can draw more buyer by the keywords included in your description.

There's alot to know and alot to learn. Ebay has discussion boards that can be very helpful. Also, you can research past bids to see what similar makes, models are selling or sold for. You might also consider paying someone to list the car for you. Someone who has more experience listing lots of cars, might get a higher selling price. Because they know what works.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Byron

Reply to
jonezzzman

Hi Byron, Thanks for the very informative post. Looks like I have my work cut out for me today. Steve

Reply to
Esteban

As Windsor Fox said, try Craigslist and local papers first. Don't let the car go unless the seller has cash.

Also, be real careful about test rides with someone, especially if they show up without a car or don't look right. We had an incident here recently someone who took a buyer for his 4x4 into the hills for a ride, and the guy shot him and stole the truck

Reply to
vince garcia

Thanks to all who responded. This is a great group. Steve

Reply to
Esteban

Reply to
Esteban