side exit exhaust

It's my understanding that you can't use standard mufflers when fabricating a side exit exhaust. Is that true or is there enough room under there to com forward and out the side before the wheels? It doesn't look like it on my '91 LX but I wanted to know if anyone out there had done it.

If I need different mufflers, can anyone point me to some manufacturers that offer them? It seems none of the mainstream companies have them any more.

Thanks.

Reply to
5point0

You could probably use those tubular mufflers, though I don't know how legal that is in your municipality of choice...

JS

Reply to
JS

fabricating

The inlet and outlet are on the same end for a side exit kit. As for where to get them your best bet would be the companies that make side exit kits.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Check out Steeda...

click Mustang > Exhaust then you will see the side exhaust. I believe they also offer a rocker panel kit that can be painted to match your car and make it blend in beoooootifully.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

| > If I need different mufflers, can anyone point me to some manufacturers | that | > offer them? It seems none of the mainstream companies have them any more. | >

| > Thanks. | | The inlet and outlet are on the same end for a side exit kit. As for where | to get them your best bet would be the companies that make side exit kits. | | MadDAWG | |

Reply to
SVTKate