SN65: Bob finally posts some meat on Autorama

Also we're seeing some pictures on interior fit 'n' finish.

Truly drool-inducing.

I cant wait to see this car in Columbus, come July! Pictures hide a world of little flaws...(why I was seldom impressed at car shows); it's the real thing, up close and personal, that sets the level that got SN65 the engineering award.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns978672EC62682pettyfogery@207.115.17.102:

Wow! Simply awesome. Only thing I'll say is that I like the Cobra wheels better.

Joe

I do as well, however I read in one of his posts that the stock backspacing severly limits suspension travel (as in tire will smash bodywork) and doesn't allow the steering to go lock to lock without rubbing.

Reply to
Brent P

Truly mind-boggle.

SN65 didnt place in any category in the show. Instead got best-engineered of show.

Because Bob's idea succeeded all too well; Looked just like a factory car.

"Of course if you'd have slapped on about a half-million in chrome....." Now... look at the Ridler winner again and think "Best Engineered"!

Heh!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I wouldn't say 'just like'. Panel fit, paint, and other details were well above 'factory' quality for their respective model years. ;) But of course after all that work one doesn't go half-ass on those details.

It would seem that the show is about metal crafting, painting, bling, etc not engineering a buildable product. The SN65 is more of one of those almost-production show cars. Where most of the difference between the final showroom product and what is on the turn table are those little details like perfect paint.

Looks like someone pimped out an excaliber....

Reply to
Brent P