Sorta OT But...2 cars, 1 driver....

and moving from florida to california!

Anyone have any suggestions how I can get 2 cars over there?

One's a 2003 Kia Spectra, other is a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. Neither is capable of towing the other so I'm at a loss at what to do.

I looked into having the car transported but that's over $900!

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose

Where are you in Florida? I'm in Jax, a guy down the street is a long haul transporter, lots of Ca & AZ trips. We're planning to bring a 72 chevelle ss from So Cal to Jax, he said he'd do it for me "cheap" as long as #1 the car is driveable. #2 as long as he has the space on his hauler for it. Kelly

Reply to
KellyJ

Kelly,

I'm in ormond beach, not far at all.

The car is driveable, and its a fiero...she's small.

Could you e-mail me with more details?

snipped-for-privacy@somre8.net replace 8 with k

Thanks!

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose

I could drive it for you... give me an excuse to go hug my grand son, just don't know how I'd get to FL or home from CA...

| >"Stephan Rose" wrote in message | >news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... | >> and moving from florida to california! | >>

| >> Anyone have any suggestions how I can get 2 cars over there? | >>

| >> One's a 2003 Kia Spectra, other is a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. Neither is | >> capable of towing the other so I'm at a loss at what to do. | >>

| >> I looked into having the car transported but that's over $900! | >>

| >> Any suggestions are highly appreciated! | >>

| >> Stephan | >

Reply to
SVTKate

Might be cheaper for Stephan to buy you 2 plane tickets. LOL No offense Stephan, but Kate ya really think you could drive a Fiero from Fl to Ca? LOL driven it many times, it's not "enjoyable" no matter what you're driving. Kelly

Reply to
KellyJ

We drove out to TN from CA, it was not a bad trip. I have driven halfway across the country several times alone. As long as you have books on take, AAA and a cell phone, you're in pretty good shape!

Oh, and a Fiero HAS to be better than a CJ7, that thing nearly beat me to death! Ahh.. you're prolly right, I'm not a kid any more. Not as resilient as I once was.

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks Kate, really appreciate that offer! =)

Though, I'd be too worried to have you drive that car from FL to CA. Not worried about the driving, but worried about the engine or transmission going byebye on a tirp like that. If it's me driving, and that happens..that's one thing. if its someone else driving and that happens....houston, we have a major problem. =)

Although it seems that my problems might potentially be solved...

I just had a phone call from SCT a little while ago, going in tomorrow for an interview. If I can work out something with them, I'll stay in orlando and won't need to worry about moving the cars more than 80 miles =)

Yep and by SCT I mean precisely the SCT you're thinking =)

That'd be like a dream come true lol!

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose

I hope you get it!! I really do... cause California is a mess.

Kate (I'll say a little prayer for you )

Reply to
SVTKate

what is SCT?

Reply to