Speaker size

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size the rear speakers are in a 1990 GT hatchback.

Thanks, Danny

Reply to
Danny-Boi

I believe that they are 5x7, go to

to find out for sure. They usually stock all those hard to find sizes along with those neat little wiring harness adapters that let you plug straight into your stock wiring harness.

Reply to
Ironrod
5x7/6/8. As another poster said, Crutchfield is a great source for adaptors and such. In my last Mustang, I made adaptors and installed a 6.5" component set for rear fill. Worked well. Used MB Quart speakers.

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
Reply to
Mike

Thank you for your replies. I was looking at the Sony XS-W5721 speakers. Has anyone ever used these speakers? Thanks

Reply to
Danny-Boi

Whatever you use, keep in mind that the "enclosures" back there suck for bass resposne. If you're looking for decent sound quality, your best bet is to replace the door/dash with components and use the rears for fills.

Joe Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX hatch with a few goodies Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

"Danny-Boi" wrote in news:VpEtb.207690$HS4.1811533@attbi_s01:

Reply to
Joe

Danny-Boi opined in news:05Dtb.163726$275.505930@attbi_s53:

I'll second the others and just add:

It aint the size, it's what you do with them.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic