stang in new Consumer Reports

The auto issue of Consumer Reports arrived today (all sorts of charts, comments to memorize!)...

in article on owner satisfaction (as derived from J D Powers complaints per 100 cars sold) the 2004 Mustang is rated as the most reliable US built car for 2004 "on a par with the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry"

short drivereport on the new GT couple - generally they like it except for: stiff ride at low speeds, and, fit, finish and some cheap materials in the interior (it was leather with the upgrade package). but overall very positive - really surprising to see CR test a hi-po car and with a 5 speed stick yet!

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

charts,

Is this based on just the first 90 days of ownership? If not, it would be a compelling reason to buy an '04 leftover instead of an '05.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

I've owned Mustangs exclusively for 17 years and have never had a major problem, except those that I caused, namely, blown out autotranses in my 1988 and 93 LXs.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

Same experience here. Have had two, a 95Gt and an 03 Cobra and have had tons of fun and very little problems with it. (knock knock).

Rein