2005 GT Search

Just looking to see the luck of others looking (owning) a new GT. Live in Connecticut and we're all stocked up on V6's, and can't get any kind of response out of the dealers. Any info on good surrounding dealers (tri-state or so) would be cool also, willing to travel especially with a trip to Florida coming up the end of March.

Michael m snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Reply to
Michael

There's a new convertible sitting on the rack at a local (Pittsburgh area) SVT-certified / Saleen-certified dealership...

I didn't even think they were out yet.

Not sure if it's the GT or the V6, but it looks pretty sweet...

JS

Reply to
JS

No GT's by me in the Chicago suburbs. Lot of base models out in front of the dealer.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~300,079 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

After searching the internet for 3 1/2 hours and looking through the inventory of 185+ dealerships across 9 states in the midwest, we ordered our new GT this afternoon. I found exactly 5 GT's and none with the options/color we wanted. Also, several had the price marked up. There was no markup through our dealership and we will have it in about 8 weeks. Ford is producing just 29% of the Mustangs in GT trim. Good luck.

Reply to
Steve

There are two new GTs sitting on a Ford lot in Clermont FL that have been there for well over a month now. (They have that "GTX" package that I mentioned before)

Reply to
Andrew

Try eBay. Lots of dealers are listing them.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

My local dealer, Sheehy Ford of Springfield, has a red GT, auto, no boom box, for $34,995, It's *used*! The dealership got it at auction, where they paid about $2k over MSRP, and now they're selling it (with 107 miles) for about $5k over MSRP.

Makes me feel better and better about my $1K over sticker deal. I told the sales guy if he could get $40K for one with the boom box and a manual transmission to give me a call!

Reply to
John H