Stolen '66 covertible update

Nevada Larry wrote,

>Sacramento Police department is looking for the owner of a 66 Mustang >convertible, black top and blue body, which was stolen and they have >recovered. Anybody out there missing a car?

They found the owner of the car. Sacramento had a rash of mustang thefts for a while. It seems one of the perps was involved in a homicide or something to that nature so they closed in on the ring. One of them had the nerve to sell the parts on ebay right under our noses. We're talking new previously redone interiors, seats and all for a couple hundred dollars and engines that looked like they were hastily removed, tearing out wiring and all. Some victims I know of recognized their parts in pictures seen in the ads and many parts such as doors and hoods matched colors of the cars that were reported stolen. There was even a set of custom colored seats from TMI that were sold from a victims stolen car. Unfortunately many of these parts went to many unsuspecting buyers across the U.S.

Reply to
Mark C.

Sounds like maybe the same group that was operating here in Redding few years ago. Some they nailed but some disappeared.

Unfortunately, those who bought the stolen parts may lose them without compensation. Fortunately, ebay and PayPal have policies to cover such instances.

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM