supercharger

This would be my choice:

Kenne Bell sells complete well thought out kits that are about as safe as you are going to get. Their kits even includes the chip for the computer. Plus, they provide excellent customer service. Check out the graphs and the torque curves. They are great and you get a big horsepower boost across the entire RPM range unlike a centrifugal supercharger. Also, I think the installation looks like it was done at the factory.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

have a 2001 mustang, close to stock k&n CAI, flows super 40 catback, want to supercharge, debating brands, need insight as i am a chev guy , first ford. car is like new, 33000 KM (20000 mile) , barely broke in

Reply to
Shaun

KB makes a great kit for the 2V Mustangs. I think it's the only roots/ screw kit you can put on that car without major labor. I agree with Michael that it's probably the best blower kit for a street car.

If you are planning to drag race more, or like a softer bottom end, any of the centrifugal kits work really well. I've heard good and bad on all the kits but Vortech seems to have a slight edge on head units. Beyond that it's a wash. They all come with everything you need to bolt the kits on.

Dan P49Y83+

Reply to
Dan

Keene Bell - has lots of torque at the low end, above about 1500 RPM.

Reply to
Dudly

In 01 Ford raised the compression ratio in the 4.6 so keep the boost level down. Also the pistons are brittle and have been known to break, (how would I know?) so get it dyno-tuned by an expert. You can compensate for higher boost by cooling the charge with water/meth injection or an intercooler. I like the later since it's a passive device and has less chance for failure and it's less to worry about. I've got a standard air-air 2 core intercooler in my ATI P-1SC system and from my seat of the pants guess, I'd say in the cooler parts of the year around here I'm getting around 20-25 more horses, just from the cooler denser charge. It's self-contained oil needs to be replaced every

6K miles, but removing the head only takes me about ten minutes. I've been scaring old geezers with it for over seven years now.
Reply to
GILL