I might join the darkside!!

Well, tomorrow I am going shopping for a car. Originally, I had planned on buying a '90-up vert or a 93 cobra. Well, I was dead set on getting one particular 93 cobra locally, but it was stolen just before I bought it. Now I have been doing some thinking, and I decided I want something newer than that. Last couple days I have been eyeing up 98-99 Trans ams and Z/28's. I plan on going to test drive some tomorrow to see how I like them. I would get a newer mustang, but honestly I am not crazy about them. I dunno, guess i'll decide tomorrow after I test drive some cars. Ya'll can try to convince me otherwise ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Buy the Magnum RT!

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

I would, but cost is an issue. I'm looking to spend about 10,000 ish.

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

You'll be SooOOOoooorrrryyyyyyyyy....

Reply to
SVTKate

WOW for 10g's you could find SO many cool ponys! I can't believe you don't like the newer ones ! Man as soon as the 94's hit the floor, I started Jonesing for one. I liked my 86 ragtop just fine TILL THEN ! A few months later, I was driving around in my shiny new 94 vert, looking at the payment book and wondering how I got there !

Anyway, one good thing about buying the GM product, is you'll become a better wrench since you'll spend so much time working on it to try and keep it running :)

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Once you join you'll never go back.... I've owned Chevys all my life, cranked all of them to 6,000-8,000 RPM's. Bought a Junkstang and the balencer fell off at 5,500 after taking back to dealer (under warrenty) it made me work on the piece all the time. Only thing I ever had to do to my Chevy's is put gas in and change oil... ohhhh I didn't have to add a quart every 1,000 mile like I had to in my junk 5.0l Ford.. from the day I bought it. Ram Air smoked every Mustang it ever went up against most had work done to them, Ram Air didn't. It's pretty bad Mustang had to go to Super Charging to make as much HP as the stock Camaro or Ram Air does natrually.

Join you'll never regret it... P.S. I've owned 5 Mustangs and sold every one and will never own another junk Ford product again... besides I work for Ford...

Reply to
crosscheck

Something doesn't add up here, you're a life time chevy owner but have had 5 mustangs. You work for ford but are a life time chevy owner. You think that using a supercharger is bad but using an additional 70 cubic inches is fine. (it's six of one, half a dozen of the other IMO) Your ford experience has been so bad you repeated it no less than FIVE times. It only takes most people one bad experience, maybe two. It just doesn't add up.

I have my doubts about stock push rod chevy V8s at 8,000 rpm for any length of time as well. Seems the redline on these engines is about

6000-6600 rpm stock depending on make/model/year. Anyway, it just doesn't seem to add up.
Reply to
Brent P

Erik, look what owning a Chevy did to this guy's brain! Is this how you want to end up?

Reply to
Jim S.

Own your own island eh? Have people set up races for you?

It's pretty bad Mustang had to go to Super Charging

At least the passenger in the Mustang is comfortable.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

LOL!! I see that. I will NOT get rid of my truck so I am still a ford guy ;) I'm just getting a chevy to use as my daily driver/beater ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Must be a Mustang racer to think that races are set up for the chevy to win... lol by the way my island is nice don't pick on it. You have to admit the Ram Airs fly....

P.S. My Camaro good Camaro or at least one of them... 454 (650+ HP) 4 spd. 9" Ford rear ( the best rear made one good thing ford did) with 5:43 gears. Ran very good. I don't remember seeing any cars at Ford Motor Sport getting even close to as fast as the cars at Super Chevy. There's a Vette that runs 6.70's in the quarter with 2 carbs, no juice or blower and a small block. Didn't see that at the Ford show....

I have to admit the comfort part. The Mustangs rode better and the interior is comfortable, but I would rather go fast and handle any day.

Reply to
crosscheck

As far as owning mustangs I had that many because I worked for Ford and tried to convert....(besides got A-plan and can buy them cheap) but I'm back to fast camaros again (3 currently)... even stock they are a lot faster than my mustangs were and handle ten times better. I had 2 IROCS that were

305's wow 3 more cubic inch and they were still faster than my '94 GT mustang. By the way as far as owning so many mustangs... I've owned about 25 Camaros over 20 years along with chevelles, shoebox chevys and monte's ect... They tried to convert me at Ford but I wasn't that stupid... Question is how much money does it take to make a Ford go fast ??? about ten times more than a Chevy... As far as the super charger I'm all for them, but stick one on a chevy and presto a lot more power than the ford... Besides I've been to Ford Motor Sports and Super Chevy. Seen more Fords explode in one day than I've ever seen at Super Chevy in 20 years.

I didn't say my Chevy's were all stock... I had a 327 with a roller (and push rods) shifted at 8,500.... even my big block 454 I shifted at 7,500. Bottom ends of Small block Chevy's 3/8 rod bolts (302,327,350,400), Ford 5/16" rod bolts (302)... Other weak point on Ford... Ford (302) 10 head bolts, Chevy 17 Head bolts... .. put compresion in a Ford and you need to O-ring the block. I had 12.8-1 true compression in my chevy with no problem. Don't forget intake ports OEM Ford 124cc no wonder they need super chargers to get air in them. Roush heads 200cc or AFR 225cc expensive but needed to make a lot of power.

My whole thing is it cost about ten times as much to make a Ford race car...

Reply to
crosscheck

Good Luck with what you buy Eric.... I basically wanted to step in and liven up the group with what you started... it left the group wide open to bring life back into it... P.S. Your not getting rid of your lightning are you ???? actually one of the faster Ford products...

Reply to
crosscheck

All in good fun guys just seen this posting and tried to fire up the group...

Reply to
crosscheck

I thought about buying a new Camaro.....oh, but they don't make them anymore...;^) StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

There's a reason they stopped making those and that's because they are all engine. Sales down, GM's answer increase HP. They didn't seem to understand why their sales were dropping or maybe they did and that was the cheapest way to try and up the car each model year to get them off dealers lots. Seriously, if those cars were all around better than mustangs they would still be making them. Instead GM aimed themselves into an ever smaller niche. Eventually everyone who wanted a car that was so specialized and compromised everywhere else had one.

Laff... even my slowest of recent stangs (stock driveline) '97 GT takes the kid in the 305 camaro from the 80s.... And that's with 24 fewer CIs.

That's nice. Why so many? they keep breaking or something?

Often true that the parts for a ford will cost more. But that has nothing to do with comparing one to the other. All it has to do with is the variety of engines, drive trains,etc out there. GM is well known for sticking the same cheap ass stuff in the cars across the line. That's why the vastly superior (to chevy) olds V8s went away.

Apples to oranges again. Take your chevy 305, supercharge it (the 305 would like a-splode, but just for the sake of example). Take your chevy

350, supercharge it. Duh, the later makes more power.

So you're just another usenet blowhard brand troll.... thanks for clearing that up.

apples to oranges comparisons always come out the way you want them to.

Reply to
Brent P

Seems like you still have a Ford fixation to me. With all the anal reaming those five Mustangs did to you you're STILL HANGING OUT IN A MUSTANG NEWSGROUP!!!

Also, I was waver>

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I tried thinking but nothing happened....;^) StuK

StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet