Synthetic or Normal Oil

And if you happen to switch to an extremely high detergent oil in an old motor, expect the worst.... There are crucial areas where carbon deposits can become almost friendly. Removing SOME of these carbon deposits can leave us with mosquito control devices instead of motors.

In the long run, nothing beats regular servicing using good quality motor oil and filters. At the very least, performing a PROPER oil change on a regular basis will offer us the opportunity to notice any other problems in their incipient stages. A good lube shop (or a properly performed driveway oil change) will indicated those things that need addressing very soon and others that are impending. This allows us to prepare for the financial hit or avert catstrophic failure.

The choice is yours.... I have what has worked for me for many years (too many years) in both street cars and not so street cars. Copious amounts of fresh, correct oil has been the hands down winner - for nearly 40 years.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I didn't say it wouldn't keep it from getting messy. What I said was that if you have a messy engine after years of running crap, like Syntec; that it will not clean out the existing mess nearly as well as some other premium synthetics. I used it for ayear or so after a number of years of Syntec and did not see the radical cleaning until I used Royal Purple.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

So, what you're saying is why do we need computers on cable connections when the telegraph works really really well. All that new fangled technology is unnecessary and the claims people make about it can't possibly be true. I'm not here to proove anything to anyone and really don't care who does or doesn't believe my personal experience. I encourage anyone to do their own investigative work as I did and I don't mean just a bunch of reading on the Internet.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

thats some good info - thx!

when you say "correct" oil, lemme ask this: my owner's manual specifies

5W-20. but i use syn 5W-30. any big deal? my 96 gt was a mod motor and specified 10W-40 in warmer climes.

chris

04 comp orange cobra vert

Reply to
Chris Shea