Take a Vehicular Vacation

900 bucks gives you six dream cars for the day.

I have a friend who did this. He said it was worth every dime.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

I'll use my Hotel Room analogy...

Recently stayed at a beautiful hotel down in D.C. As nice as the room was, I still had complaints - the pillows were so fluffy as to be unusable; the shower head was one of those prickly rain types. Yes, the room was clean and sparse, but I couldn't wait to get home to my messy house, with pillows that had my own head indent in them, and a shower head that didn't hurt.

I'm sure that driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini at 45mph on a Florida highway is a hoot, but I'm a creature of habit and comfort. I'm just not interested in driving a rental far above my means. Part of me prefers the uniquely-mine familiarity with TFrog, and the other part of me is afraid that a Ferrari would completely destroy my relationship with my own car.

Yes, TFrog and I have an open marriage, of sorts. TFrog lets me drive CFrog once in a while, but only because it knows that I'll always "come home to" TFrog. If I stepped out with a dream car, TFrog would never forgive me.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Cars sure can be jealous. I once picked up a Ferrari sweatshirt on a trip. When I got home, the first time I got in my Mustang wearing that Ferrari sweatshirt, I didn't get two blocks from home before my Mustang dropped its muffler onto the street.

Reply to
Bob Willard

dwight,

Good point. While my friend loves performance cars, his driver is some generic, Asian subcompact.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Ah-HAH! See?

I guess I'm fortunate that TFrog breaks down in my own driveway, more than out and about...

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Thus spake "dwight" :

I agree. And good medium priced hotels suffer the same problems. Although mainly because they're owned by the pricey ones. There's a car based analogy there, but I don't have the time.

If I'm going to drive a Ferrari or Lambo, I want to stretch it out.

I once owned a 308GT4. I miss that car, but not the "fun" of synching the carbs, since I had no ambition of paying the Ferrari dealer what they wanted to do any work on it. But I did manage to sell it for about 25% over what I paid for it. 18 months earlier.

Daily driver is a '08 Fit. Fun car to drive and practical, too. Particularly if I start raising Lamas :-)

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Bob Willard :

There's a joke comparing planes to women. Planes don't care if you've been in another plane. Planes don't care if you look at magazines about hot looking planes.

But, when they start making noise you know you're getting into trouble. When they stop making noise you KNOW you're in trouble.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron