Temperature Meter

I've got a generic automotive temperature meter made by ANC, and I'm wondering how to hook it up.

I suppose this general non-Mustang related question might be better for another group, but I follow this group occasionally and know there are some very knowledgable people here, so I thought I'd just ask here.

I bought this temperature meter from JC Whitney about 15 years ago. I'm wondering how to wire the power, and sensor/probe. It has 3 connections on the back marked S, G, & I The meter did not come with a probe or instructions. Does anyone know if it uses a thermistor probe, or maybe a type K thermocouple, or some other type of generic probe I can purchase? I want to use it for a 12V non-automotive application so I can probably rig any reasonably inexpensive automotive probe that will work with this meter.

Reply to
Sunset Sam

sensor, ground & ignition?

thermistors and thermocouples have two wires, the later being polarized. A bulb type probe, I don't know.

Reply to
GILL

Thanks Gill. Got a bulb type sensor, 3/8 NPT, $8, and it worked out perfectly for what I'm doing. I appreciate your suggestions.

Reply to
Sunset Sam

Good deal :)

Reply to