The Mustang - A Kid's Car?

Good 'stang women are out there; have faith. My wife "made me" buy my latest classic, with the understanding that the next one would be hers. I got her hooked years ago by buying her a 66 coupe to work on and a tool box. I've never regretted it, even though the 66 was a total piece. We didn't keep it long, but we've gone through at least 7 mustangs since. Now she's talking about making me buy her a new cobra...ah the hell that I live in. : )

Arioch

Reply to
Arioch

Sounds kinda like my girlfriend... though I need to work her out of the GM mindset that's been bred into her..

When I first met her, if the car was pretty, it was a good car... then I took her to the drag strip and fell in love with a pair of LS1 Trans Ams that were running much faster than my Cobra (stock '97). Suddenly, she wanted something that looked good and went like a bat out of hell. I told her that before that happens, we're going to take her to a driving school so that she doesn't kill herself (and I'm going too!!!). Driving FWD V6s all her life, not knowing how to drive a stick... putting her in a 6-speed WS-6 wouldn't be a wise idea without some sort of instruction on how not to die.

When it came to be that I decided I wanted a motorcycle, I mentioned it to her in passing... we've only been dating for a few months, but I just wanted to see the reaction I got. I brought it to show her on the test ride, and the only question she asked was "can I ride too?" After I agreed to that, she asked me what I was waiting for... buy the thing already.

JS

Reply to
JS

Reply to