THE Problem With 5.0 Mustangs

My 5.0 Mustang with it's slightly modified engine and 96,000 miles runs low 12's in the 1/4 mile right now and still gets 18MPG in the city. You are most likely the bigger moron here and also most likely not even an owner of a Dodge truck, but a used SPectra or Accord and just trolling.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I didn't race any. We're talking about trucks though, not vipers with a bed. I'm talking about something you put a towing package on without voiding the warranty. But anyway, since you brought it up: They had an SRT10 at my local track not too long ago. I was not impressed at all. It ran 3 times, I don't remember the exact times but I know it was mid-13's at around 105. It got beat by a '99 lightning once, and an '01 lightning another time. The last time it ran it beat a '97 GT, wow. By the way, the '01 that beat it was 100% stock, as was the SRT10. The lightning ran .04 quicker but was just shy of 2 mph slower. I'll admit that its pretty cool looking except for that wing. I'd be willing to bet that from light to light I could at least keep up with it. At the track it made all of its time up past the 1/8 mile mark. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

LMAO!!! I'll bet that Murano is pretty quick huh. I know a while back when you first got it I commented on the looks of it. I didn't really like it back then but I must admit that those things have grown on me. I really like them alot now. I heard that they actually put a V8 in the infiniti version?? That would be a pretty mean SUV. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

wrote

| > -- | | Not everything can sound as good as a Hemi gettin' on it. "It" being | on the back of a flatbed wrecker because the hemi has been spewin' | parts all over the highway for the past 15 or 20 miles. |

Well said Pauli I have never liked the "sound" of any Mopar.

Truthfully, and I know this is not PC, but I have always loved the sound of a Chevy (with the right cam and pipes) more than any other. And I'm a Ford gal... go figure!

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top With a personal touch... or two.
Reply to
SVTKate

"MoParMaN"

| | You are obviously a moron of the nth degree and no nothing of which you | speak. My Dodge Ram 2500HD with a slightly modified 5.7 liter Hemi Magnum | has never broken. Although, I only get 12.5 MPG when I'm not eating you | pissant ford owners for lunch, I enjoy feeding it fuel in the hopes yet | another F150 Lightning wants to get his ass wooped. Btw, I've got almost a | 100K on it now, pull a 13000 pound fifth wheeler and have still done nothing | but normal maintenance......Hell, a chicken shit mustang would have already | needed an engine overhaul. HHAAAA | | RSFCking losers!!! | | -- | MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply! | --SCUD Coordinates 32.61204 North: 96.92993 West-- |

Man.. don't take it all so literally. You'd think he was talking sh*t about your momma or something! Go start your big ol ugly assed truck and suck on your exhaust pipe for awhile. Maybe it will mellow you out.

Kate.

Reply to
SVTKate

YOU DID NOT!!!!!! I can't believe what I just read.

Reply to
Erik D.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! That's the funniest thing I've ever read in this NG by

*far*... omg Kate owns.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Nevermind the facts, Hairy, just give me the details!

This is a car, not an ark. Scholars aren't even sure what a cubic was. A 442 cubic car would be way too big for most roads.

Reply to
Bill Lang

Nevermind the facts, , just give me the details!

Truly, one of the saddest testimonies on the quality of this chatroom.

Reply to
Bill Lang

dat sumbitch is so fast it caught his camper on fire during re-entry..

hehe..

jpw

Reply to
Jim Weeks

good point!

Reply to
Chris Shea

moparman are you serious? i mean if you are a true moparhead you know

440-6, 426 hemi, etc. a-, b-, and e-bodies. old school muscle. these new "hemi's" are just hype and marketing, i see an srt-8 that looks like it will have some muscle, but please.

i put a hurting on all these guys with new hemi trucks who think they got the shit. completely obliterated one the other day - at the next light the guy goes "uh, that's a little better than what i'm used to." (i drive an 04 cobra vert, stock pulley, intake and exhaust mods) i guess i shoulda said, "hey that thing got a hemi?"

but you are coming into this group disrespecting ford trucks and mustangs. ("pissant ford owners", "chicken-shit mustangs") i have no disrespect to dodge because i used to live eat & breathe mopar (60's and 70's musclecars)

i actually cant wait to run a srt-10 truck, that'll might be a little closer (if he can drive it), but i NEVER see any.

Reply to
Chris Shea

Sorry Erik.... I have to agree... a good Chevy truck with the right pipes sounds better than my Mustang ever will.

But sound isn't everything...

JS

Reply to
JS

Then get the f*ck out. Thanks =).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Here ya go..... you regulars might have seen this from KB, but Moparman should take a look at a 2v GT vs a badass Viper.

The Viper guy probably kept going and left the track after this run.

Reply to
DarkPony

POTD!

winnard

Reply to
winnard

Nevermind the facts, , just give me the details!

Gladly. Humorless bastidges

Reply to
Bill Lang

Laughing out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud?

Sad. Sad indeed.

winnard

Reply to
winnard

There's nothing like the "moan" of a stock Mustang 5.0. It's as distinctive as an older Oldsmobile with its "sandpaper" exhaust under full throttle.

Reply to
Dave Combs

This should say *not* really brand loyal. I've owned a couple of Chevy cars, and my current winter ride is a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. I recognize that Mustangs are, by far, not the best cars in the world, but for the buck, they've got a lot of potential and fun, and I like the looks of them...

JS

Reply to
JS