Turbo upgrade for a 2.3L?

Hi!

I just found a great looking 87 'stang with a 2.3L enginge, and even though my plan is to have this as a number two car for my girlfriend, some extra power under the hood would be nice (just sold my -91 5.0 convertible - I guess i'll miss it). Don't think I'm ready for a 5.0 swap, but what about a turbo/supercharger upgrade? Anyone know of a place where they sell kits?

Regards Tomas Kristiansen just a -01 Chrysler Sebring LXi.. :(

Reply to
Tomas Kristiansen

If the car was not a factory turbo car, you'll probably have to rebuild the entire engine to handle the extra stress of the turbo. A supercharger might be a little easier on it, but in any event, the normal engines were not really built well for boost.

You might try looking for Racer Walsh... they make or sell anything and everything you could ever want for your 2.3L Ford. Long tube headers, intake manifolds for carbureted systems, cams, stroker kits, heads, etc..

JS

Reply to
JS

Reply to