Turn signals

1966. Blinkers blink so rapidly it almost seems they're on continuously.

Question:

Does the early Mustang have a different control, or flasher, for the turn signals then it does for the emergency flashers? All four lights blink but both sides blink way-fast. When I try the emergency's, they blink at what seems to be the normal rate.

I'm hoping I don't have to get into the steering column. I looked all over under the dash but can only find what appears to be the emergency flasher control, nothing else. :-(

Thinking about it, I did not disconnect the flasher module and then try the turn signals. I'll go do that now. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Two flashers are involved. Both should be outside the steering column. One near the emaergency flasher switch (supposing that yours is the oem glove box type switch) and one under the dash near the vent for the dimmer switch.

Reply to
Spike

You are correct again. I found the turn sig "flasher". It was stuck into a dedicated mount for it on the back of the vent tube that supplies air under the dash. Just a regular flasher but it did the trick. Turnsignals are now blinking at a nice, slow, even rate.

Thanks for putting me on the right track. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner