Vert Tops and Insurance ??

My 89 Vert has a large gash on the top. :>(

Will Comprehensive Insurance cover a replacement ??

What do you folks recommend ??

Reply to
Katmandu

If cause by a storm or some accident. I just had my 87 vert replaced also. I got 1100 from insurance. I cost me 500 for a new top and 200 to have it installed. I actually came out ahead on a insurance deal. amazing.

Reply to
Dave

Our 95 was recently vandalized (sliced the side of the top around to the back window) Insurance picked up the $2,700 bill minus $100 deductable without a problem.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy
2700 for a top replacement??

What all was done?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

New top, rear window section, and headliner in...... uuumm the original uuumm cloth material.... cough cough.

The top looks FANTASTIC btw !!!!

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Mine has a gash also. Not sure when (exactly) or how it happened though...

How do I report this to my Insurance Co. ??

Reply to
Katmandu

I imagine the original material was some sort of super insulated leather? ;)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

Well since it JUST happened while you were (insert favorite parking lot here) you can report it as an act of vandalism. If you were unfortunate enough and the cut went into the rear window section they would have to replace this as well.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Nope, just a plain old CLOTH top. Funny thing is if you look at most convertibles today very few use the old canvas type tops except for the Mustangs, everyone else uses the Cloth (StayFast) style fabric. There is a BIG difference in cost, but the cloth looks all so much better.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Come to think of it, I was at the Mall recently before I noticed it cut.

I didn't get a Police Report.

Would that matter ??

Reply to
Katmandu

Well seeing how it JUST happened you might want to call them and tell them you came out and noticed the top cut. My insurance company took care of everything. I was actually on the phone reporting it to the claims department while she was on her way to show me at work when she was rearended, I claims rep took both claims over the phone at the same time. I guess it all depends upon the insurance company.