what fluid to use in 68 conv. top

Hi,

I'm a bit confused as to which fluid to should use in my convertible top motor pump. I tried using automatic tranmission fluid but my hydraulic cylinders now leak? Any advice? Thanks Amar (South africa)

Reply to
Jeffery

Why did you add fluid in the first place. The fluid level won't drop unless you have a leak. Well you found the leak and the fluid didn't cause it. Trans fluid is what they recommend using. replace the cylinders. 68 you say, no wonder they're leaking

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com