Where to find the resistor in the ignition wiring on 68

Hi All, I have installed the Pertronix igniter and the coil. In the coils instructions it say to remove the resistor. Looking at the schematic it shows it on the dash side of the firewall in line with the ignition switch. Without tearing the dash apart to find it, where is the first place to look and what am I exactly looking for?

TIA, Chris

Reply to
sixty8kr

IIRC, you will find a length of resistance wire hiding in the harness along the firewall....

If you have gone to the Petronix because you were always burning up points, chances are that someone has already removed it for you.

Reply to
Jim Warman