power door lock install

I'm about to install some power door locak actuators in my 95 as it did not come with power locks.
Now I have found two schematics. One states to connect the alarm unlock
wire to pin 85 on the unlock relay and the alarm lock wire to pin 85 on the lock relay. With pin 86 on both being 12V constant (aftermarket 2 wire actuators, using 3 wire positive system) Whereas the other one I found tells me to connect the lock wire to pin 86 on the lock relay and the unlcok wire to pin 85 on the unlock relay. The remaing pin's 85 and 86 are connected to 12V constant. I know the coil is between 85 and 86 so it shouldnot matter. or does the way the current flows make a difference? My alarm is supposed to generate a negative pulse.
Just nitpicking I guess, but I'd hate to blow something being stupid.
--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)

I wish, but as I said, she did not come with powerlocks so there are no buttons in the door and I doubt the wiring/relay harnesses are present either. So I have to do my own wiring, hence the schematic

I don't believe there are. as she has no power windows either...
--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)
If I were you, I'd look. Yank the door panels and see....
It still should be plug and play, ping Tim, I bet he can give you the lowdown!
Kate
at 17 Apr 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in

I janked the panels, what a pain with the manual window crank. It took me over 30 minutes to figure out how to remove the handles...
No factory wiring for powerlocks/windows present at all in the doors. The only wiring is for the speakers and the mirror control.
So I ran two wires from the actuator in the left door behind the dash to the actuator in the right door. I noticed that if I put a short pulse of 12v on one of the wires and grounded the other both actuators would extent. Reversed the wires and they would pull back in. So the diagrams I have should work wiring it into my alarm. That's a job for tomorrow though. Time to feed the dogs and have dinner.. :-)