Winter Storge

Hi all,

I am putting my 2004 Mustang into winter storage here in upstate NY until late March or April. I would like to pull the battery out due to temperatures that will be below 0. If I remove the battery will this affect the odometer or any of the electronics due to no power to the systems? Thanks for reading my post.

Big Duke

Reply to
Big Duke

Not the odometer, could you imagine the nightmare if you could tamper with the odometer that easily?

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Which begs the question, exactly HTH does the odo keep it's memory? Hmmmm....

Reply to
WindsorFox-{SS}-

It is an EEPROM which only updates with power applied

Reply to
Les Benn

just drive around with the battery disconnected.

Reply to
biggus