350-Z recall

The following message was received from one of the 350Z guys at Nissan Head Office in the UK.

"you may hear on the news about a global recall for Nissan vehicles due to an engine management issue. This is a standard "safety first" procedure. The engine recall includes the VQ series (which is the 350Z engine) but you will be pleased to know that 350Z is NOT AFFECTED although the Vel Satis is!"

rgds

rich

Reply to
rich

Anyone heard anything about a worldwide recall of every car Nissan has made in the last three years? My stepdad told me it said in the newspaper today that they're recalling the

350-Z also. Something about faulty engine sensors that will cause the car to stall or not start at all.
Reply to
The Roadmaster

Thanks Rich. I hope they're right, because I just found this article that says the 350-Z is affected:

The Roadmaster

crap. I hope this isn't coming to the West.

KINGLIFER

That's the US and Jap 350Z. UK has only just started to get them (not seen one on the road yet) and they were all made after the problem had been found and the fixed part installed during build. Clearly they have known about this for some time as they have had to make and put stocks of parts into the dealer chain. No use telling people to come in to have a possible defect fixed if you can't fix it.

Reply to
Peter Hill

And just to piss on Nissan's fire, I saw an advert on TV for the Mazda RX-8 last night. Nissan seem to be working on the principal that by restricting numbers sold (400 this year) and introducing it t othe UK a year later than the rest of world got it they will make the car exclusive. Exclusive it may be but it won't be a sales success in the UK. As people can't get a 350Z they are clearly going to buy some other Nissan like a UK made Primera, or will they just walk and get a RX-8?

Reply to
Peter Hill

not quite 400 any more... they doubled the allocation, so it's nearer

850, which has upset a few people (especially those hoping to make a fast buck by selling on immediately! haha)

Fair point though, it is increasing the mark and brand recognition, so there should be some benefits to Nissan on sales throughout the entire range.

Reply to
rich

Since the demise of the ZX1.8 coupe and 200SX there is no entry/intermediate level sports car in Nissan's UK range. It's all or nothing, 2 seat sub 6 sec 0-60mph fastback or boring grey porridge 9.6 sec 5 seat 4 door family saloon. Anyone looking for a car like the

350Z will go and get something like a TVR if they can't get the Z. Lack of market size will not result in a public association with it being a Nissan. I have a 200SX and last year a kid walked past (as he and his mates had done every night for 6 months) and said 'Hey that's a Nissan, I never knew they made cars like that". Sold over 20,000 200SX S13 not to mention the S14 and 300ZX in the UK so the few 1000 Z's will make a big Zero impression.

Mazda by advertising the RX-8 under the same Zoom Zoom brand image as the MX-5 and the rest of the range really have lifted the whole brand image. Someone going to buy a 6 could easily come out with a RX-8. Fat chance of someone going to buy an Almera Tino coming out with a Z.

Reply to
Peter Hill

honestly... R8 is eye catchy but isn't really nice. to jagged. let Cadie do that.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Reply to
ADRIAN MANT

X-No-Archive:yes

It's a TSB about a relay that can cause your car to stall. Many posters to the forums I frequent have experienced the stalling. Only certain dates are effected. Bad thing is it made big news then died, even though it is confirmed and I never received any notice from Nissan or my dealer on this.

Reply to
B Rabbit