78 280z with fast idle

I recently failed emisions and had some adjustments made on my engine (L28 efi) and now when ever i stop or slow down the idle stays at about 2 and a half grand and the only way to get it to idle normaly once im stopped is to tap the acelerator pedal. any help would be apreciated. Thanks

Reply to
invalid unparseable

First check to see if the throttle blade is actualy closing, they may have messed with the throttle switch? If it's closing and still high idle, it's the BCDD valve.

Reply to
Steve

Sounds like a sticky choke. Possibly the mechanism can be sprayed with something that will lubricate and also clean it.

rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Maybe if it had one?

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
invalid unparseable

It's the valve on the underside of the throttle housing. It is basically a deceleration control device that opens up a throttle bypass under high vacuum. They can get flakey and cause the engine speed to hang. I have no idea what "That little round thing with a little hook" is! :-)

Reply to
Steve