Fast idle on carburator

Hi all, I've got a 81 chev half ton, and I need to know how to set the fast idle for when the engine is cold. Obviously I'm pretty green, so any detail you can give me would help alot.

Once the engine is warm, it runs perfect. But when it's cold, each stop I make, I have to put it into neutral and rev it up.

TIA

Reply to
Craig Cameron

If it is a stock carb. It is probably rochester. I junked mine, (I'll probably get flak for this but), it is a big pain to adj. but here is a link, that will show you everything you need to know.

Tom