help for 81zx automagic ac/heater

Does anyone have any pointers to infomation about how this automagic ac unit works. I fixed a problem with it but in the process I've had a lot of troubles getting all the vacuum hoses back in the right spots. I've got a repair manual but its pretty limited. Theory of operation with explanations about how all these vacuum servos interact is what I really need. Between old marginal parts and wrong vacuum hoses its damn near impossible to get the thing workin. It would be nice if I could somehow remove many of the automagic features to simplify it but without knowing what does what it seams impossible.

tks Don

Reply to
Don

They don't work and didn't work long even when they were new. This was a really BAD system.

I doubt you will.

Best thing to do? Pull the dash board (it's not hard..) and get the heater box,controls,blower housing from a non-automagic manual A/C car from a junkyard. This is MUCH less of a headache and will actually work when you're done.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
lostokie

I should have been more specific. this is a 280zx not 300zx. Is there a way to search those links to see if I get a hit for 280zx.

2nd question. for Steve T. Is the air box the same but the actuators are the only difference between the 2 systems? If so then I could just transfer the actuators. I don't know if I can stomach removing the whole *(&^ thing. Maybe no choise.

Don

280zx with flakey heater/ac 240z that rides like a buckboard
Reply to
Don