Delica AC surge

I've increased the fuel flow from the diesel pump to get more power, but now the engine races when the AC is on (but only when the ventilation fan is also on). This makes it almost impossible to drive with the AC on because it keeps accelerating away. Does anyone have an ideas or where there might be an adjustment, please????

Reply to
Jon Sibthorpe

Hi ,

You dont say what year the Delica is.

If its the older model , the idle up for the air-con is adjustable on the solenoid on the pump.

The later ones are fly-by-wire and isnt adjustable , but you can adjust the basic idle speed.

From memory , if it has the solenoid you can back it off using a 7mm wrench and 8mm for the lock nut ( i think ) The idle can be adjusted using a 10mm.

How did you increase the flow from the pump ? I assume you turned up the adjustment using the 33mm locknut and flatscrew adjuster inbetween the injector pipes ?

Reply to
Jeff Dawson

Hi ,

You dont say what year the Delica is.

If its the older model , the idle up for the air-con is adjustable on the solenoid on the pump.

The later ones are fly-by-wire and isnt adjustable , but you can adjust the basic idle speed.

From memory , if it has the solenoid you can back it off using a 7mm wrench and 8mm for the lock nut ( i think ) The idle can be adjusted using a 10mm.