New AFM in-Still no worky

Never used that brand, tried a couple of other reman comapanies and had poor luck, python is the only one we trust. Still not as good as a dealer one but better than a dead one.

On the AIV thing, I know an 84 doesn't have one but thought an 85 does? Maybe a turbo 85 doesn't? Can't keep track of what every year has and doesn't in my head. If it has an AIV valve, there is a metal tube the size of your thumb going from it to the boot just before the AFM.

Reply to
Steve T

It's made by Standard. It could be bad too but I have no patience or knowledge. I'm taking it to shop tomorrow morning. Thanks anyway.

John

Reply to
talkbanana2000

Yes according to readings from z32.com, mine are way off. this is how they should be: A-B : 663 / 609 B-C : 72 / 73 C-D : .9 / .9 D-E : 1.68k / 1.75k E-F : 11.1k / 11.1k

Old one shows bad too. I call tech in Florida tomorrow. I bought it locally.

Reply to
talkbanana2000

Yeah, i called the rebuilder in Florida and gave me some info. What I wanta know, is why is this info posted in z31.com?

Reply to
talkbanana2000

Well at least it cured my cold start prob. Yeah, a tube a little smaller than my little finger starts 10 inches behind(towards back of car)AFM and leads to small black "flying saucer"(near right headlight-((in driver's seat facing forward)) )then immediately to something larger. I heard about Python(not availble here locally when I asked) , should have taken my time. It could be alright. I'm bringing to shop(not Nissan) and will let them trouble shoot. Thanks for all your help. Will have to know this car better.

John

Reply to
talkbanana2000

OK that tube:that leads to "black flying saucer" leads with a couple of inches of tube to Evaporative emmissions control canister. Maybe in Ca. things are a bit different.

Reply to
talkbanana2000

Because most of the people there aren't mechanics, just wannabes.

Reply to
Steve T

Called "Valve, shut vapor($35 at Nissan)which leads with 3or 4 inches of tubing from evaporative contol center(behind right front headlight(facing front)-which then leads to plugin 10 inches behind AFM. I guess no AIV.

John

Reply to
talkbanana2000

It's called "Valve, shut vapor($35 at Nissan) Guess no AIV.

John

Reply to
talkbanana2000