Re: 77 280

Could also be vacuum.

Phil

gregs wrote:

Reply to
Phil Sharkey

I'd expect a vacuum leak to whistle when you let up on the gas. A whistle when you step down sounds more like packrat nest in the tailpipe.

Reply to
Ken

Turned out that whistle was nothing other than a leak at the converter flange. I put on a new gasket and tightned it up. There is nothing inside the orginal converter. I emptied it long ago. I did put in a straight pipe inside, which I later took out.

The backfiring was fixed by readjusting the air flow meter.

I still have that amp drawing too much current. I was going to put in another relay to turn off the power, but still undone.

greg

Reply to
gregs