Seatbelt Question

I have asked Nissan for help with my 85 300ZX 2+2 and reached an agreement they would pay for new front seatbelts if they were available. Theses seatbelts refuse to retract. The dealer in my area confirmed they were in need of replacement and would not entertain any dissassembly for liability reasons. However, there are no 85 front seatbelts available according to Nissan. Seatbelts changed in 86 to a different part number. My question is: will 86 seatbelts work in an 85? The 1986 seatbelts are still available. Thanks in advance for any help on this question.

Reply to
duckbill