2000 Nissan Frontier 4x4 - Weird Front-end Vibration

Hello:

I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier 4x4 and am experiencing a strange vibration in the front end at take-off and at low speeds during acceleration. The noise can be described as a loose rolling sound, sort've like a washer bouncing around on a bolt that's too small or not tight.

I've been underneath this thing several times, and I've grabbed ahold of every component that I could physically grasp to try and determine if it was indeed the problem, but to no avail.

The truck has right at 30,000 miles on it, and it experiences mostly city-type driving. The truck itself seems to be driving fine...but the intermittant noise is driving me to the brink!

Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing such a infernal noise? At least something to take a look at or to refer the dealer to?

Thanks so much, Bryan

Reply to
Bryan Bush

Is the Frontier on the same chassis as the Pathfinder? Is this a noise or vibration or both? I've had vibration felt in the steering on a 1999.5 Pathfinder ever since I've owned it, at certain speeds. The front and rear has been gone over with a fine tooth comb and nothing is loose or worn. So I've just gotten used to it.

Reply to
Mind Melt

The Frontier and the Xterra are related chassis-wise. Pathfinder is a unibody.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Hmmm I looked under an older truck and the chassis looked alot like the older PF.

Reply to
Mind Melt

snipped-for-privacy@x-an> >

The older Pathfinders were based on the truck. The newer ones are not.

Reply to
E. Meyer

What year if you know did Nissan redesign the PF ? Someone withing the past year suggested otherwise.

Reply to
Mind Melt

I want to say '95, but I don't know for sure.

Reply to
E. Meyer