89 Nissan Pick up fuse Links blowing

I have an 89 Nissan truck. Recently while my son was driving it one of the fuse links attached to the battery blwe. No lights, guages etc. My local mechanic couldn't find a problem and replaced the link with a 15 amp fuse. It still blew. I loosened the alternator belt and was barely able to get it to turn, so we replaced it. Now the truck idles rough and cuts out during acceleration as well as blows the fuse. I'm out of ideas. Help?!?

Reply to
myron.macneil