89 truck manual windows stick going up

Hello, I've searched the google archives & cannot find a definitive answer to this.

When rolling up driver or passenger side, the windows try to stick w/ about 2" left to go. Both windows have freedom to become slanted.

I have taken the panels apart & lubed all that i can. I have lubed the felt tracks. & everything is tight within the window mechanism.

When the panel is off, I can tilt the window right & left. It's like the regulator may be worn over time allowing excess lateral motion. Nothing is broken, just a lot of movement.

The vehicle has never been in a wreck & the doors are straight.

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
mp

This happened in my '88. If you take the door panels off and look at the bolts that hold the window mechanism in place you'll see they're slightly adjustable. See if you can move them so that the glass moves slightly back. It's a fiddly thing to do - I got my driver's side working but my passenger side is still pretty sketchy. You may find a body shop can do it quickly and cheaply.

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada '88 Hardbody

Reply to
Geoff Glave

inside the crank where the handle is attached it some metal(its soft metal, like pot metal) that has a spring wrapped around it.... well on my old 75 datsun pickup truck it would break apart into two pieces... you cant see it as the part is inside the riveted meat piece that holds it together.. i drilled out the rivets and then took an old ford mechanism and cut it down... i have a small metal cutting lathe ... and put this into the part and put some new rivets in and never had a problem with it since...... ever notice that before it broke that you would have the window up all the way and if you kept turning the crank that it would move about one half a turn.. well it was the spring inside the crank that was moving and eventually the circular metal piece inside the crank finally gave way and broke.... i got tired of going to the datsun/nissan dealer and paying top price for a new window regulator... had to make my own to solve the problem...

mp wrote:

Reply to
abc