91 Nissan Terrano R3m - Headlights

Hello from New Zealand! I have a Japanese import Terrano 3.0 Litre V6 petrol. Recently the left hand headlight was sluggish in changing from high to low beam. Didn't worry about it as both were working on high beam, and the right hand one changed quickly. However at my Warrant of Fitness check the damn thing would not come on low beam at all. I have replaced the lamp to no avail. I don't have a manual and everything under the bonnet is written in Japanese! Can anyone tell me if the headlights are controlled by a relay both on high and low beam, and if so, which relay is it? There are about 9 that I have found but so far cannot identify where the fault lies.

kind regards, Iain

Reply to
IAIN STOREY

very simple to identifythe headlight relay. switch on ur head lights (either engine runnig or not up to u) and pull out relays one by one u will know soon which relay belongs to headlights. then check its contact with some multimeter. because i also have the same problem . i imported nissan presea from japan. every thing is written in japanese. and my horn relay was blown out and i figured it out exactly like this.

Reply to
Nawaz Ahmed Khan

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:46:50 +1300, "IAIN STOREY" wrote with a sharpened banana:

Hi ian, I am also a Kiwi :-) it's quite common for the switches to fail on these it certainly sounds like that is the fault seeing as how it only affected one light. the switch pops off the main combination switch unit with 2 screws without having to remove the steering wheel regards

Andrew Clark All Round Car Guy

Reply to
Johnny B Goode